Winspiration SUP Fitness Session
A structured SUP fitness session to to keep you paddling through the winter months. The session is deisgned for those that have been regularly completing the Lake Mac Sup Clubs 5km paddle and want to improve their fitness and skills, however if you want to just come along and paddle your own pace without the pressure of a training program then feel free to come along also. Will run in most conditions besides extreme wind or rain so make your own judgement before hitting the water, will notify on the club facebook page if the session is cancelled.
The session will be approximately 45-50 minutes and expect paddlers to cover 5-7km depending on indivdual paddlers speed and fitness. Please follow the links below to register and program your fitness device.
Time: 8:30am on the water ready to start!
Location: Speers Point Amatuer Sailing Club Note: Location may change depending on conditions will notify on Lake Mac Sup Facebook page.
Cost: Free / Lake Mac Sup Club members and guests welcome.
- 14' or 12'6 Race Board
- Legrope is mandatory
- Ability to paddle consistently for appoximiately 45-50 Minutes
- Register your attendence here click the link and complete the form
- U16yrs welcome but must be accompanied by parent or legal gaurdian
- Check the weather conditions are not beyond your skill level.
- Garmin or other programmable fitness watch where you can load in the session details as provided.
- Wetsuit Booties
- Leggings and/or long sleeves.
- 5 minutes warm up
- 6 x 6 minutes @ L2, 30 sec rest
- 5 minutes cool down
- Total time = 49 minutes
- Intensity levels are:
L1 = Easy
L2 = 10k Pace
L3 = 5k Pace
L4 = 1k Pace
L5 = Sprint
- Click here for how to program the session
- If you cannot attend this specific session find a time that suits you and we encourage you to give the session a go!
Photo Credit: Australian SUP Life
- Sunday, 01 August 2021 08:30